Monday 23 February 2015

Broken Heart & All

                                                         Broken Heart & All


Since the dawn of time people have been trying to describe what it is like to have a broken heart. Everyone has failed thus fair, but I'll give it my best shot.

I had my heart broken for the first time this week. It was not like a huge explosion in my chest, nor a light cracking sound. It was more like I had been shot directly in the heart. Not by cupid's arrow, but a bullet of heartbreak. 

People say you shouldn't cry over someone who doesn't deserve your tears. If they did deserve them they wouldn't let you cry. What's worse is crying over someone that doesn't even know your crying, let alone crying over them. You want to shout at them. Scream at them about how much they've hurt you. About all the wasted tears. But you can't. Somewhere in the wreckage of your heart, cupid's arrow is still wedged in.

You try to forget them. You try to forget every smile, every laugh, everything. But you will see them around and they don't know that their the reason your heart is broken. They give you every reason to love them again. You give yourself every reason to stop loving them. They win every time. 

All you want is for this crush to go away. At first it was fun. To have an imaginary relationship with the 'perfect' someone that you could escape to every now and again. It was fun to feel those butterflies. It was fun to chat about crushes with your friends. But no one warned you about this part. No one told you it would one day hurt. 

In my lifetime I probably have a million people to apologise to, and a million people to apologise to in the future. But right now I only want to apologise to 5 of those people.

I'm sorry to my pillow, who I cry myself to sleep on every night.

I'm sorry to my Mom, who I keep ignoring so I can be alone and cry.

I'm sorry to my best friend, who doesn't deserve to hear me moan and cry everyday.

I'm sorry to my broken heart, who is taking most of the pain here.

And finally I'm sorry to my crush, who I keep blaming for all of this even though it is honestly not their fault.


Vijeyendra Bhardwaj
(I too broke my Heart)

No comments:

Post a Comment